> > > Wrong. _Basic Authentication will obviously ALWAYS be an option for
> > > desktop clients, regardless of whether or not it is via API.
> >
> > Explain to me where it's obvious that basic auth will ALWAYS be an option
> > for desktop clients. Furthermore, please explain to me what voodoo you
> > employed while reading those statements to come to your conclusion.
>
> You clearly do not understand the basics of HTTP.  Do you think that
> Twitter is going to somehow deny Firefox, IE, and other desktop
> clients from connecting to Twitter with a simple username and password
> only?

In fairness, you can still disallow Basic Auth and allow other forms of
password-based authentication. Twitter requiring a password does not
necessarily mandate that Basic Auth be the method of presenting said
authentication credentials.

This coming from someone who likes Chad's idea rather than a pure OAuth
universe.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckai...@floodgap.com
-- Von Herzen, moge es wieder zu Herzen gehen. -- Beethoven -------------------