The decision to leave out retweets is incomprehensible.  I don't see
who it benefits to leave these out, besides maybe the programmer at
Twitter who has to do the work to include them.  The API Programmers
don't like it, the confused Twitter users who no longer see Retweets
in their favorite third party services certainly don't like it
either.  Leaving retweets out of the public api certainly played a
part in the general user backlash to the Retweet feature.