i would like to stress that timelines are, of course, only "slices" of data
that twitter.  API developers are urged to be creative and innovative --
come up with "timelines" that we didn't think of!  come up with other ways
to present data to the user that are not just direct representations of our
API calls.  new and compelling user experiences do not stop with our
provided timelines.

go code something interesting, and we will be here to support you.  (of
course, if we missed something, as we are arguing about in the RT case, we
will work with you all to get it to be what the community needs).

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team