if your application has access to a web browser, then i would strongly
suggest that you implement a workflow where your user goes to a
twitter.compage -- this workflow is intended to protect the usernames
and passwords of
Twitter users because they can trust that an unknown app does not have
access to their passwords.

--
Raffi Krikorian
Twitter Platform Team