Ryan,

Next time something like that happens, I will count to 10 before
clicking the Send button. You may have noticed in the past that
diplomacy is not an attribute that I will prominently feature on my
resume, especially not when I am mad.

However, that still leaves us with the original issue. You said,
"Surely we can tailor some of the responses so they are more specific
to your inquiry (and we will do that)."

Ryan, what I want and need from you and your team, is a relevant,
knowledgeable, and helpful reply to a support request. You know that I
do not inundate you with emails to api[at]twitter.com, or even to your
personal email addresses, even though I have many of those.

Your 1st-line support staff should know what to escalate and when to
escalate a request to an engineer.

As you have seen from others in this thread, it is a slap in the face
and an insult to one's intelligence to receive such an irrelevant
reply to a bona fide support request. I have no problem with a canned
response being sent to someone who is too lazy to RTFM.

Thanks,

Dewald