On 2/15/2010 4:14 PM, Dewald Pretorius wrote:
Oh for crying out loud, is everyone now going to stare themselves
blind at the phrase "Gestapo-like" and forget about the issue at hand?

It is meant to portray a one-sided action where the accused party is
not afforded a voice, or his/her objections, rationale, or
explanations are ignored.

C'mon, FFS, you know what I mean.

Nobody has called anybody a Nazi, okay?

I'm sorry Dewald, but when I think Gestapo, "knitting circle" is not the first thing that comes to mind. Nazi is. Yes Twitter needs to be a little more clear in their communication (ironic?) with developers and not just send out blank e-mails when they deny a whitelist application or blacklist somebody as spam. But that is not "Gestapo-like" tactics. Go ask a survivor of WWII; I'm sure they could tell you the difference.