I'm assuming that it was the modules that sent tweets into the
timeline. (based on the email)  My auto_follow and un_follow is very
tame compared to most.  For example, Smart Follow show you who is
following you that you are not following, but it lets you chose who
you want to follow, and then only does 30 at a time.  Plus I limited
api hits per user to 1000 per day which is enough to follow or
unfollow about 200 people, which I thought was reasonble for someone
working on their account and not doing something fishy.

Jim