Heh :-) The app we're building, TweetPo.st, is designed to post the
user's tweets to Facebook. So, the call-to-action I proposed would be
specific to our app: i.e. if TweetPo.st users were not seeing the
expected behavior from the app.

But, we have decided to do basically what you suggest to start.
However, this will not help us if a user starts out in the clear and
is then subsequently quality filtered for whatever reason. But,
hopefully that's a real edge-case.

Thanks again!
-jonathan