The elevated access account can reconnect much less frequently by adding new
predicates to a default access stream that cycles based on demand. When the
default access account cycles, very little data will be lost, as it receives
a small fraction of your total feed. Once the default access account is too
full, the elevated access account can be restarted with the current
predicates.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.