For the last 3 months I am experimenting the Search API. I'm focusing
on the geo-location searching capabilities.

For the beginning I started with my own city, but my intents are to
extend to the major cities of my country: that will be at most ten. My
idea of application is to offer real-time activity on each major city,
through a proxy that caches all tweets and then serves them further to
clients, filtered or non-filtered. Frequency of requests should be
between 5 to 10 seconds, and that means I should do between 400 to 800
requests per hour just for one city, and probably between 4000 to 8000
requests for the whole application.

My questions are:
1). Should I use Search API, or should I move to the Streaming API?!
2). To whom I should request whitelisting: the usual Search API or the
Streaming API?!

Thanks!