Are the "various terms and agreements" that currently disallow this
published anywhere?

After a brief look (perhaps I missed it) at:
http://twitter.com/apirules
http://twitter.com/tos
http://help.twitter.com/forums/26257/entries/18311

As far as I can tell there isn't anything that explicitly disallows
resyndicating
or making "Twitter data available via an API".

The TOS also states:
"Tip: This license is you authorizing us to make your Tweets available to
the rest of the world and to let others do the same."
"Tip: We encourage and permit broad re-use of Content. The Twitter API
exists to enable this."

thanks