Search is filtered for relevance, especially on large result sets. Streaming
returns complete result sets, except for rate limits. There's no predicate
for searching on source in the Streaming API -- Perhaps you could take the
sample feed and extrapolate? This should give you a very accurate
proportion, as the sampling is random -- whereas Search sampling is most
certainly not random.

-John Kalucki
http://twiter.com/jkalucki
Infrastructure, Twitter Inc.