What I meant was that searching with "source:clientName" requires atleast
one keyword to be specified. Which means that you can't get all those tweets
which don't have that keyword.

Moreover, searching for common english words like "a", "an", or "the"
(often) doesn't return any results.

The idea of sampling the streaming API is a decent alternative for already
popular clients, but will yield inaccurate results for new clients, because
their tweets are easily submerged in the stream.

--
Harshad RJ
http://hrj.wikidot.com