Hey,
I think you might be trying to pass in a variable, and expect the oAuth
callback url to use that variable?
i.e. pass in a clientId of "123" and expect that the url returned will point
to somecallbackurl.com?auth_token_4566&clientId=123

What you want to do is:
a) set a session on your end
b) route the user through oAuth, and when they get back
c) pick up the session and perform a redirection on your end.

They shouldn't lose the session variable through the oAuth process. So all
you would need is some handling on the callback url you specified which
looks for the session you set and redirects the user accordingly.

Hope that helps.