On 4/26/2010 1:09 PM, Dossy Shiobara wrote:
On 4/26/10 2:51 PM, John Meyer wrote:
On 4/26/2010 12:43 PM, Dean Collins wrote:
[...]

If Twitter decide that they will never allow the app to be approved for
use under the current brand then I'll just opensource the app and make
it free for anyone to use and download and everyone can get access to
register for their own oauth application process.

Basically twitter will have to sort through the 10,000 api applications
to work out which ones are and aren't using my code.

I don't know about raffi, but that sounds pretty much like a threat to me.

It's the sound of yet another exasperated developer who is getting tired
of trying to guess what Twitter is and isn't going to allow today ... or
tomorrow ... or a week from now ... etc., ad nauseum.

I don't think it takes much of a guess to realize that if your telling people that your app could throw 20,000 calls an hour at a server and could blacklist an IP number if the person doesn't use it properly and then Twitter shuts it down going out and saying, "oh yeah, well deal with about 10,000 of those apps now!" is a threat.