Lockouts are now common and frequent for everyday users doing normal things.

I have dozens of reports from my users being locked out.  And I've noticed that
nearly every Twitter client developer has posted about this in a blog or Tweet.
 Several in just the last 24 hours.

I know that the goal is to improve the latency and failures (i.e. "whales")
that you guys were seeing during the world cup.  But creating lockouts to
reduce failures is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Failures, lagging, and latency are frustrating but at least *feel* egalitarian.
 Service disruption is nothing new -- we understand it whether it's AT&T,
temporary power failures, or whatever.

Lockouts feel punitive and targeted.  Users really really don't like it.

I think it's safe to say that this is now *the* critical issue.  All other
twitter concerns seem dwarfed by this massive problem.

isaiah
http://twitter.com/isaiah