I would recommend adding some kind of logging so that when you do get a
failed request, you know the following:
the POST body included in the failed request and the signature base string
prior to signing for OAuth.

There's a chance that a certain sequence of characters and UTF-8 characters
might be causing this issue and not nonces at all (which is obviously dumb
behavior, but not unheard of)

Taylor