When the Google/Twitter application for android came out last May it
was widely announced that this application was going to be made open
source as an example to developers how to use best practices and
patterns when developing applications for android, as well as OAuth.

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/05/twitter-for-android-closer-look-at.html

"Don’t think we quite got something right? As many of you know, we’ll
soon be open sourcing this application code under the Android Open
Source Project. We look forward to seeing what you can build starting
from this code these UI patterns. In the meantime, Happy Tweeting!" ---
Tim Bray, Google May, 2010

http://blog.twitter.com/2010/04/twitter-for-android-robots-like-to.html

http://appmodo.com/18732/twitter-launches-open-source-app-for-android/

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/30/official-twitter-for-android-app-goes-live-will-be-included-in/

I have asked a number of people at Google when and where this will be
made available with no avail. I have searched google code, maybe some
of you know something I dont. If anyone has a pointer to this code
base it would be greatly appreciated.

Clay
http://ratecred.com