Under the old basic auth, I could have a section of our web based CMS
that could enable logged in users to tweet to our company's twitter
account without needing to know the username and password.

However it appears to me that once twitter removes the basic
authentication this functionality will be gone as anyone who wants to
use a web app to post to a particular account will actually have to be
logged into the account in question, is that correct?

Is there any official, white-hat way to accomplish this? It is a
really useful feature!