On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 7:58 PM, John Meyer <john.l.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And that assumes that you distribute the consumerkey and consumersecret with
> the app.  Nothing about Open Source requires this.  You could just as easily
> just distribute the source and require that users obtain their own
> ConsumerKey combos.

The problem, in this case, is the awkward UX. "Hello user! Thanks for
downloading application X! To use it, you must register your
application on Twitter, then authorize it to be used! And don't forget
to use the proper options or it won't work, ok?"

"Oh wait I sec... Why I need to register and _then_ authorize it? It
doesn't make sense! That other application don't ask me all this
shit..."

--
Julio Biason <julio.bia...@gmail.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/juliobiason