On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 9:57 PM, John Meyer <john.l.me...@gmail.com> wrote:
> That's the way Twitter Tools for Wordpress works, and it isn't ackward at
> all.  It's description leaves something to be desired, but it ain't rocket
> science.

WordPress users are "a complete different beast" than desktop users.
Even if you use some easy install process like Dreamhost "One Click
Install", you still need to know where your WordPress install is,
unpack and install in the proper directory. Most desktop users don't
want that hassle; the application that "works" is the one that they
click the icon and it just works. Or one that they can just keep
pressing next, next, next, ok.

If you ask them to register their apps with the proper configurations
on Twitter site (and, as far as I remember, the registration page
defaults to browser apps and not desktop apps), they will believe your
app is "too hard to use" and will take one that doesn't ask them so
many things, even if their real security is not even slightly better.

--
Julio Biason <julio.bia...@gmail.com>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/juliobiason