Hi Matt

Pursuant to my last post, I checked what the tweet button was sending
and what it was getting back from the count api

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://urls.api.twitter.com/1/urls/
count.json?url=http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?
c_id=4&amp;objectid=10670662&amp;callback=twttr.receiveCount"></
script>

is what is being requested in the tweet button iframe, and the count
API returns

twttr.receiveCount({"count":0,"url":"http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/
news/article.cfm/?c_id=4"})

Which would explain why all our counts on all our articles are 0 - we
need to count our full canonical URL, the one set in data-counturl.

Cheers
anne