If you change the access level, the keys don't. You will have to create
new user credentials. There are multiple ways of doing this, the easiest
one being simply re-creating the application on dev.twitter.com, this
time with proper settings. A different option would be to revoke access
(Settings -> Connections) and then re-authorize.

Tom