On every occasion where I've tested the Firehose and track terms from the
Streaming API against the Tweet database and against each other, there is no
loss -- all the sources match exactly. Unless there's some unusual
operational instability, the Streaming API returns 100% of the tweets
requested, or sends a limit message to let you know what has been dropped.

-John Kalucki
http://twitter.com/jkalucki
Twitter Inc.