The links within the email pull customer specific information from our
database. (customer name, ID, etc) for tracking purposes on the back
end.  This is the reason I can't pre shorten the links.  I may be up a
creek and not able to solve this issue.  I was hoping there was some
sort of script that could shorten the link, or divert it to a url that
automatically shortens and posts to twitter.