Hey Lukas,

This is pretty much the exact scenario for which we designed the
awe.sm /share endpoint documented here:
https://github.com/awesm/awesm-dev-tools/wiki/Create-API#share

awe.sm creates Twitter-friendly tracking links. But unlike
conventional URL shorteners, we create a unique tracking link for each
share action (in your case per email recipient who clicks the tweet
call-to-action) and allow you to encode metadata in that link that
doesn't necessarily need to go into the destination URL string (but
can also be dynamically inserted if you like, see
https://github.com/awesm/awesm-dev-tools/wiki/Redirection-Patterns).

For example, the following GET call loads the tweet button share
interface with a unique link tagged with the awe.sm campaign value of
CAMPAIGN and the awe.sm notes value of RECIPIENT each time you click
it:
http://api.awe.sm/url/share?v=2&key=5c8b1a212434c2153c2f2c2f2c765a36140add243bf6eae876345f8fd11045d9&channel=twitter&tool=mKU7uN&url=http://totally.awe.sm&campaign=CAMPAIGN&notes=RECIPIENT&destination=http://twitter.com/share?url=AWESM_TARGET%26text=This+link+was+created+dynamically%26via=awesm

If you're interested in chatting more about the specifics of your use-
case and how we might be able to help, drop me a line to jonathan [at]
awe.sm.

Best,
-jonathan