Interesting that neither Ryan or anyone else from Twitter has replied once
to any of the questions here, (way to go on showing your interest in the
developer community, Ryan),  so I'll address this question to everyone else
in the group. I don't read Ryan's message as demanding that apps are no
longer allowed to send tweets on behalf of users. Is that supposed to be
what he said? I think he is saying that apps should be more than *just*
clients that let you read and post tweets. How to tell the difference, I
have no idea, but I think in Ryan's mind there is a difference.

I'll ask it as clearly as I can. Is it still allowed for an app to accept a
tweet from a user and post it into their account?

Is the /statuses/update api call still allowed in an app?

Let's not wait for Twitter to respond, since they clearly don't want to any
longer. Let's try and figure this out ourselves. What does everyone think?
Can apps still send tweets?

If yes, there is still a market for Twitter API developers. If not, the
Twitter API is over. It is that simple.

Maybe Ryan or anyone from Twitter can also find the time to answer this.

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 6:45 PM, Duane Roelands <duane.roela...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Wow.  "Thanks for getting so many people interested in Twitter.  Now
> get lost."
>
> This is appalling.

> Issues/Enhancements Tracker:
> Change your membership to this group: