i, personally, totally concur.

what i don't think anybody can do is fully predict what platforms twitter
will develop for next (although, you probably can make a guess as you see
market-share play out).  what i would say is that, if you are building a
twitter client, twitter, as a company, will probably hold you to a much
higher bar than those who are not.  we do have a strong opinion regarding
rendering, display, interaction, etc.

innovation, in my mind, is around doing something revolutionary, and not
necessarily evolutionary.  there is plenty to do out there that is not
evolutionary.

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Jef Poskanzer <jef.poskan...@gmail.com>wrote:

> I have a set of apps that basically just reproduces the official
> Twitter user experience, exactly what Twitter says we should not do.
> However, I add value by running on a platform that Twitter does not
> support and is unlikely to ever support.  I believe this should be
> allowed and encouraged and would appreciate a statement to that
> effect.
>
> Furthermore, this is probably not the only exception to the "don't
> just reproduce Twitter" rule.  Please consider that there may be
> entire areas of innovation that you have not thought of - that's why
> it's called innovation.

> Issues/Enhancements Tracker:
> Change your membership to this group:

Raffi Krikorian