On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:21:20 -0700 (PDT), Jef Poskanzer <jef.poskan...@gmail.com> wrote:
On my Android phone I have both the official Twitter client and
Twidroid installed.  If they had more or less the same functionailty
and useability I would prefer to use the official client.  However I
only use Twidroid, because Twitter's official app is inferior.  I
could explain why in detail if anyone is interested, but it's not a
subtle matter, it's gross and obvious.

Twitter apparently believes that no one should bother making a plain
old timeline-displaying client because Twitter's official ones are all
you need.  And yet even with Twidroid's prior example to copy from,
Twitter's official Android client is still unusable.  I say this one
example shows that the new policy Ryan posted is at best premature.

I've been holding off on the Android issue, but since you brought it up ...

I have a Verizon HTC Droid Incredible. I've tried *all* the Twitter clients. I've tried the one that's built in, Peep, I've tried every release of Twitter's "native" client. I've tried the mobile Twitter web site in the browser. I've tried Twidroyd, Touiteur, TweetDeck, HootSuite, Seesmic and probably a few others I've forgotten.

The most recent version of Twitter's native app is the *only* one of that line that I consider even marginally usable. And yet in terms of usability, it is still way behind Seesmic. Seesmic is the one I use. I'd *love* to use Twitter's native app, but until it does everything Seesmic does, it's not going to happen.
--
http://twitter.com/znmeb http://borasky-research.net

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." -- Paul Erdős