By adjusting the rate limits to reduce the stress on your search api
without notice you have significantly increased the stress level on
our end :P Seriously, advanced notice of the situation would have been
welcome.

In particular what created lots of confusion on our end is that even
after pausing for the specified "retry_after" delay we would
immediately get repeated 420s at which point we started to assume our
IPs were banned (which also contributed to increase the stress level).

Colin