Thanks Matt!

I still urge you to reconsider the mass breakage of older existing apps, and
crippling of the mobile/desktop app user experiences going forward.

My own judgement is that yes, maybe the user didn't realize that they didn't
want to give that level of access and maybe the web flow can help twitter
communicate to the user better what they app is request, but it's going up
against all the issues of users that already authorized are not expecting
things to break. It also throws away all the constant re-hashing went
through before basic auth went away around the UX of oAuth that drove the
development of xAuth in the first place.

I fear it's going to be litteral countdown until doomsday and hell is going
to break out of users and developers that didn't get the memo. (I just
checked, and my mother is still using a twitter client for the iPad that was
updated over 4 months ago.)

Zac