On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Matt Harris <thematthar...@twitter.com> wrote:

> When Tweetie became part of the Twitter family the user growth was huge,
> creating more opportunities for developers to build applications for the
> growing audience.

Except for developers who had developed, you know, Twitter clients.
Because Twitter is committed to buying the biggest ones and making
them available for free, to drive you out of business.

Other than that, it was a great opportunity for developers!

TjL

ps - just to make it clear: of course Twitter, Inc. has the freedom to
do whatever they want, it's their sandbox. Just don't tell me that's
rain on my leg. It's insulting at best, and dishonest at worst.