Yes. I use the API to lengthen t.co links  (and also bit.ly links using
their API)

The massive trouble I have with all this is that I like to know what the
hell I'm clicking on before clicking a link.
It's kind of my right as a citizen of the web.

I personally can't stand it when, for example a link fires up iTunes or goes
to some site I don't want to waste (possibly mobile and limited) bandwidth
on. I like to choose WHO I give MY visit/traffic to.

It feels like some kind of Russian roulette ;)  It's the "unknown".  The
fact that they are heading towards t.co-ifying *every* link eventually is
very worrying and extremely off-putting indeed.

/me shakes fist at Twitter HQ