> Now I'm stumbled. Does anyone know a socket spy which intersepts
> socket flow on the winsock.dll level and does not require an application
> to be reconfigured to be traced? The only one I know is SocketSpy (ss.zip),
> which does not run under Win98, but this is essential in my case.

It is not a proxy that you need but a sniffer.
If you want a free one, look at Ethereal (link on the links page at my website).
A sniffer peek data packet on the network cable without interfering with
applications. It works at
the NDIS driver level, asking the driver to receive a copy of each packet
sent/received.