[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Would TWserversocket, when implemented correctly, be able to run an
> online game with +/- 1000 connection/players, using tcp/ip?
>
> The Mmorpg is semi-realtime where each connection send an average of
> 6 short packets (< 50bytes/packet) per second.
>
> My server is a 2.8 Ghz 1mb ram and needs to runs a mysql database on the
> localhost as well, to store/autosave player data.

The database will become a bottleneck if you have that much concurrent
clients. You could  use an in-memory sql table like SqlMemTable
http://www.aidaim.com/articles/dbmemtests.php#Results. I've never tested it
myself.
But the best thing would be if you only write to the mysql database for long
term storage and use your own data structure alogorithm (like an AVL tree or
red-black tree for example) - if you can avoid to use SQL. You can expect it
to be as much 100 times faster than this in-memory sql table. For example an
AVL tree can insert 100,000 records in about 100 ms compared to the 9
seconds(!) SqlMemTable needs.

Benjamin Stadin