> 1)Sometimes all the chain seems to stop communicating.

Some GUI operation, or some interface component lock up the whole thing. If
that happend in your environment, you can solve the problem by making all
communication occur within a worker thread having his owen message pump.
When you use multithreading with ICS, be sure to either create the ICS
component within the context of the thread, typically at the beginning of
thread's execute method. Alternatively, you can call threadetach et
threadattach to "move" a component from a thread context to another thread
context.

> I set Addr on the client and Address on the server with the IP address of
> server machine, the Port on same value on both sides: is this enough to
> make a connection on a LAN?

For the server (listening) part, you usually set the address to 0.0.0.0
which is the default. This makes the component listening on all the
interfaces. If you setup an IP address, the component listen only from that
interface. When you use loopback address (127.0.0.1) to listen "locally", it
wont' work with any of the physical interfaces ! That may be your problem.