george r smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> Is there a way at the O/S level (unix-linux and windows) to set the
> keepalive for the O/S. Can you do it by port ?
>
> We are losing connections and it seems to be on the server side.

Yes you can, see Dod's reply, however latest TWSocket version sets
the KeepAliveTime to 30 seconds and the KeepAliveInterval to 1 sec.
KeepAlive packets can cause serious trouble with some (cheap/buggy)
routers which ignore packets with data length 0.

I don't like current implementation due to its hardcoded KeepAliveTime.
If I understand the M$ docs well, the default KeepAliveTime is 7200000 msec.
In previous ICS versions keep-alives have been enabled but only with
global system values (means KeepAliveTime & KeepAliveInterval have not
been set explizitly). I will make the keep-alives optionally in TWSocket
today.

---
Arno Garrels [TeamICS]