Scrive Arno Garrels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Fastream Technologies wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I think using a list/set of TAuthTypes is a cool idea. I am planning
> > in the GUI a checkbox scheme. The most complex one should have the
> > biggest priority (Digest then Basic instead of Basic then Digest in
> > www-authenticate order for example).
>
> The only problem is that it breaks existing application code.
> However current implementation of Auth is a crap, the server
> cannot force a client to use i.e. Digest, since Basic is also
> provided when AuthType is atDigest.
>
> Any better idea?

You can avoid the problem using the "trick" used by Delphi to read/write non
published properties into dfm.
The situation is that you can have AuthType or AuthTypes property written in
the dfm but not both. So if the read of AuthType is triggered then you set the
AutTypes property accordingly.
I never used this technik but I saw it in action and it is very useful
to "keep" compability with old application, in particular when the form will
not recompiled.
If you want I can write some code as sample how it should work. It is a think
that I should do soon or later.

Bye, Maurizio.