> I wonder how IE do to make the NTLM authentication without asking
> the user password. This would probably be interesting to implement
> in HTTP client component.

Windows keeps some passwords in memory once they have been entered, and
others are read from a hidden part of the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider

and can be read using the protected storage COM object pstorec.dll.

http://www.cobans.net/pslib.php

Various password 'recovery' utilities using protected storage are at:

http://www.nirsoft.net/

Network Password Recovery lists all network passwords saved, another
tools read RAS passwords, and specifically Protected Storage PassView
reads all the MSIE passwords (and Outlook and MSN).

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/pspv.html

Angus