----- Original Message -----
From: "Francois PIETTE" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "ICS support mailing" <twsocket@elists.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 04, 2006 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [twsocket] HTTP Server upload prgress bar

: >I want the browser to display a upload progress bar while
: > an HTTP file upload is taking place.
:
: hile the browser is busy uploading the file, you may have another browser
: window (a popup window) updated on a regular basis either purely locally
: using javascript (not sure you have access to file size) or using
: xmlhttprequest object (that is some Ajax technology) to request the
: information from the server. The server being able to get upload size from
: content-length header line, if the client sent it in the first place (I'm
: not sure it is sent but you can easily check for that).

So to summarize:
Can we know how many byte have been uploaded at a given on the client side
(using javascript)?
Can we know file size being uploaded at a given on the client side (using
javascript)?

Best Regards,

SZ