> The problem you are having is with you software CamCollect?

No, CamCollect just receives HTTP images and more rarely streams.
The video servers are for something completely different, a bespoke
application.

The application locking up under intense CPU stress is ComCap, just
moving multiple random streams of data around.  But I've now created a
new component to do much the same thing, which is why I'm trying to
'bullet proof' it, I'll be announcing it in a couple of days once I've
integrated it into a few of my applications, replacing lots of horrible
code.

Angus