I have probably misunderstood something because I get the same behavior
described below no matter which of the components SmtpCli, SyncSmtpCli and
HtmlSmtpCli I use.
The problem has to do with freeing the smtp-components parent form. You can
easily duplicate the behavior with one of the standard demo applications:
* Open Your favorite demo of MailSnd, MimeTst or MailHtml. (I proceed with
* Add a new form with a button to the project. Write the following in the
buttons OnClick method:
procedure TForm2.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
SmtpTestForm := TSmtpTestForm.Create(Application);
* Click on the menu: "Project" - "Options", and remove the SmtpTestFrom from
the "Auto-createForms" list.
* Run the application and click the button. SmtpTestForm opens and You can
send lots of e-mails.
* Close SmtpTestForm and press the button again. Try to send yet another
email and You get stuck!
I guess I'm doing something fundamentally wrong?! I have narrowed it down to
that everything works as expected if I don't release the form.
(I get the same error when setting Action to caFree in
Is it not a good idea to free a manually created form?
To unsubscribe or change your settings for TWSocket mailing list
please goto http://www.elists.org/mailman/listinfo/twsocket
Visit our website at http://www.overbyte.be