> good to know but thats not the clean way.
> and needs some additional cpu cycles on every headerline of course.

The clean way to add features you need is to derive your own component from
ICS component and add what you need in that derived component. I agree to do
slight changes to ICS to allow easy changes where is could be difficult now.

The idea is to not try to build a giant component by adding tons of feature
which will not be used in most cases. All less used features should be in
derived components, mostly made by the users and not part of ICS. That's
what OOP is all about.