> >> good to know but thats not the clean way.
> >> and needs some additional cpu cycles on every headerline of course.

> FP> The clean way to add features you need is to derive your own component
from
> FP> ICS component and add what you need in that derived component. I agree
to do
> FP> slight changes to ICS to allow easy changes where is could be
difficult now.

> FP> The idea is to not try to build a giant component by adding tons of
feature
> FP> which will not be used in most cases. All less used features should be
in
> FP> derived components, mostly made by the users and not part of ICS.
That's
> FP> what OOP is all about.

> i see. though deriving a custom class becomes difficult if stuff is
> hardcoded in the base component.

That's why I said "I agree to do slight changes to ICS to allow easy changes
where is could be difficult now.". When you find somethingwhich can't be
overriden, then let's discuss it. We can make some procedure virtual or
extract a procedure out of the current code so that it can be overriden in
derived classes.