> > Actually, this is a lot of small files (48KB mean size).
> > Speed is roughly 2 Mbps which is low for a 100 Mbps.

> Oha, as I read between the lines, I have to rework my code :(

You never reach 100 Mbps which is faster than many disks. Once you have
large data size, you overflow the cache memory and work at the speed of the
disk.

There are also differences if you use a real server (hardware and software)
than a simple desktop to do your tests.

Sometimes there are bandwidth limitation setup in server, routers,
switches,...

And of course bad cabling can slow down things. Use "netstat -e" to see you
netwrok card statistics. rejected packets and errors should be zero.