Hello Jeff,

> the image gets stripped on the way out.  I DON'T want to have the image
> sent as an attachment (can already do that) but want it in the body of
> the email itself.

The HTML part is an attachment and the images are also attachments. If
you want the images in the html document you have to reference them in
the html document in the right sequence.

A correct email also have a plain text. So if you want to send HTML
email with a reference to an image you put the plain text in the body,
the HTML as attachment and the image also.

Check also THtmlSmtpClient. I think as the name say it will handle a
large part of it for you.

---
Rgds, Wilfried [TeamICS]
http://www.mestdagh.biz