Scrive Arno Garrels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Maurizio Lotauro wrote:

[...]

> > This is the point. The above remarks is really vague.
> > The Unicode version exists in IE5 but down's work or doesn't exist at
> > all?
>
> And even more questions:
> What about the record INTERNET_PROXY_INFO
> (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa385148.aspx)?

I completely forget to check the WinINet of D2009! Thank you very much for
remind!!

> Problem is that LPCTSTR maps to UNICODE in any case, wininet.h does not
> declare an A-version.

You are absolutely right. This mean that more work is needed :-(
BTW have you a link where get the Windows header files without downloading the
whole sdk?

> So what about declaring a dummy INTERNET_PROXY_INFOA record and use
> InternetQueryOptionA for everything, requires a few explicit conversions
> to UnicodeString but that won't hurt since these strings may IMO contain
> plain ASCII printable only.

I must decide first which version use: always the Ansi, the Unicode with D2009
and the Ansi with previous versions, or both Unicode (if available) and Ansi.
In the first and last case I'll certainly declare a INTERNET_PROXY_INFOA record.

Bye, Maurizio.