Scrive Arno Garrels <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Arno Garrels wrote:
> > Maurizio Lotauro wrote:

[...]

> >> I'm in doubt about this. The remarks of INTERNET_PER_CONN_OPTION
> >> Structure say:
> >>
> >> "In Internet Explorer 5, only the ANSI versions of
> >> InternetQueryOption and InternetSetOption will work with the
> >> INTERNET_PER_CONN_OPTION structure. The Unicode versions will support
> >> the INTERNET_PER_CONN_OPTION structure in later versions of Internet
> >> Explorer."
> >>
> >> This is not very clear to me. Should I anyway use the Ansi version to
> >> keep the compability with IE5?
> >> Should I check the availibility of the Wide version, eventually only
> >> in D2009? Actually the component works starting Win95.
> >
> > UNICODE is defined in Delphi 2009 and better only and executables
> > built with Delphi 2009 run on Windows 2000 and better only.
> > Windows 2000 was released February 2000, IE 5.0 March 1999,
> > so IMHO no problem.
>
> Obviously it was too early in the morning when I wrote this nonsense,

:-D

> I thought that before IE 5 only the ANSI version was supported :)
> So indeed a little bit more work is required.

This is the point. The above remarks is really vague.
The Unicode version exists in IE5 but down's work or doesn't exist at all?
Why they don't explicitly mention starting with which version of IE it is
supported?

I don't have and environment with W2k and IE5 to check this situation. Anyone?
Any other opinion and/or suggestion?

Bye, Maurizio.