There's a socket lib written on C++ which seems to have async v6 resolving:

"2.1.1: Tcp socket Reconnect now works again. Improved ipv6 support.
Asynchronous resolver now works with ipv6 too. Safer pointer handling using STL
auto_ptr in some cases. Thread safety improvements, gethostby* functions has
been replaced by getnameinfo/getaddrinfo."

I looked at the code, but they did something strange there, I can't realize
their solution. Maybe you'll be able to?
Though I think the blocking issue shouldn't stop you because
TCustomWSocket.Connect uses blocking WSocket_Synchronized_GetHostByName anyway.

--
Anton