Angus Robertson - Magenta Systems Ltd wrote:
>> New API GetAddrInfo()  handles both IPv4 and IPv6 but it is
>> blocking. Should I try to  emulate asynchron
>> lookups using a thread? Ideas are welcome.
>
> Yes definitely, we must be consistent with everything else, no
> blocking allowed in ICS!

OK.

> How do we test IPv6 host lookups, presumably need an IPv6 DNS server?

It's not necessary to have a DNS server, the good old HOSTS file works
as well in the LAN.

> I guess I should try and set-up this stuff on my public Windows 2008
> server, but I don't know if my hosting company routes IPv6,
> and I'm sure the ancient Sonicwall firewall I use does not.

Same here, I haven't yet checked whether my provider supports IPv6,
and my router vendor currently provides just an experimental IPv6
BIOS. With (public) IPv6 you also need new firewall rules and NAT
was no longer required.

--
Arno garrels